12.08.2009

intergalatic revelry


Today's stellar sight from the Hubble Space Telescope advent calendar is a close-up of Omega Centauri cluster, which is located in the constellation Centaurus. There are over ten million stars in the entire cluster - pictured here are only about two million of them.

This photograph took my breath away. My obsession with space and all of its glorious contents makes my eyes glitter with amazement all the time, but I thought this photo was particularly captivating - it resembles an ethereal snowfall, which seemed appropriate, due to the fact that my city received its first snow of the season today. It wasn't much, and it was wet, but it was a small glimpse of what's in store for the next few months, and I couldn't help but be filled with the same feelings an 8-year-old might feel in the same situation.

Bring on the snowfall, and let the stars take my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment