11.19.2009

1:12pm, the 19th of November - Thursday

I'm so bored.
I'm the Chairman of the Bored.
My hair has kinks in it from the night before.
It's grey outside. I can see two bikes from my vantage point.
I just stood by my bedroom door and peered in for a bit to watch my cat sleep.
Other things I can see from where I sit:
three lighters
three lights
one glass of water
four cameras
chapstick
an empty plate of food
dirty eyeglasses
two boxes of white christmas lights
a keyboard
six altar candles
four guitars
paperwork (only half filled-out)
a metal beer stein
cigarette butts in a sea of ash
The song I'm listening to just started skipping.
Maybe it has some backwards satanic message.
Maybe I should listen to what it's telling me.
Oh, it's just a recipe for shortbread cookies.
The meteor shower ended this morning.
I didn't see a single star.
An old band from my youth just came over the speakers
and I had flashbacks of teenagers and zines and crowded halls.
As I was saying, I didn't see a single star.
Let alone a meteor.
Most days I curse living in a booming metropolitan area
because all I really want in life is to be able to see the stars.

I'm still looking for some meaning in the day-to-day.
And every night I look to the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment