6.15.2009

meet the author//subways.

this is not a sober face.

people are fragile, desperate, glued-together, sweating, sleeping, living beings clamouring to find their place, always lost and wandering, generating electricity and heat and making each other's arm hairs stand up on end. nubile, nervous, awkward and sexual. i lose my breath when i remember the way certain people used to make me feel and i love that no one can ever take those memories from me. i sigh with relief thinking about the way some of the creatures in my life tickle me right on my bones every day without thinking, without reason.
we are walking our paths, every day, crossing the paths of our neighbours and our future lovers and our distant pasts and our parents' parents, giving each other shivers and passing tiny electrical currents back and forth like ping pong.

No comments:

Post a Comment