5.28.2013

the meta fart

Lying in bed at 5am, I let out a big, long fart. 

I started giggling. Then I hypothetically pictured myself lying in bed, letting out a fart and not laughing at it, which in turn made me laugh again, because the thought of myself lying there not acknowledging my own loud fart was hysterical to me. Because who takes themselves so seriously that even when they're alone they can't laugh at their own farts? 

The more I pictured this drole scene - a human being so sombre, so jaded that they wouldn't even laugh at a fart that escaped while lying quietly in the privacy of their own bed; that lone, trumpeting soldier ringing through the air for your own personal amusement, like the bumbling friend who you keep around because they can always make you laugh even when you're in the worst of moods - the more my brain kept on, turning my giggle fit into a storm of hysterics, sending me into a spiral of full-blown silent, wheezing horsey neighs with tears streaming down my face. 

I laughed so hard that I farted again. 
And then I died.

No comments:

Post a Comment