9.18.2009

lindsay's renegade "thai" tuna wrap

I wanted to eat Starbucks' Thai Tuna Wrap. I'm pretty sure they don't sell it anymore, and besides, I don't think there's a Starbucks in the nearby vicinity of my apartment now anyway. So I decided to go ahead and make my own strange brew.

What I did:

- First, about half an hour before I went to make lunch, I pre-made a single serving of Uncle Ben's Instant Perfection rice according to box directions and put it in the freezer so it would cool quickly
- Took half a can of tuna, added one tablespoon of light mayo, mixed it together
- Squeezed a 1/4 of a lemon's juice into the tuna mixture
- Sprinkled in a pinch of basil
- Dumped about 1/2 tbsp of Club House roasted red pepper & garlic seasoning spice, mixed it all together.
- Scooped about 1/3 cup of the cooked, chilled rice into the mixture
- Added 1/4 cup of President's Choice Butter Chicken sauce (sooooo gooooood)
- Shredded a couple of spinach leaves and added them to the mixture


Mixed it all together, plopped it onto a tomato & basil 12" wrap, folded it all up and VOILA! An extremely delicious and quick pseudo-thai tuna wrap! And it tasted freaking delicious (and fairly similar to the Starbucks version!).

If I had had the ingredients, I would have added a bit of green onion, some chili flakes, water chestnuts and possibly a little bit of peanut sauce... maybe even some shredded coconut, mmm. So yeah. Put a bunch of that shit in there too.

Fini.

No comments:

Post a Comment