8.11.2007

there will be blood.

Tonight on my walk home from Michelle's place, I saw what I think was a dead man, up close (about five feet away) lying on the sidewalk, after having been, again, I THINK, stabbed in the side of the head. Then again, this is all what my interpretation of the situation was. There were about six cops gathered around him, and about 25 cop cars all around the Dundas/King/Wellington block.

I walked right by him, literally not five feet away, and his blood was trickling down the sidewalk not an inch from my feet.
I looked right at him as I walked by. It really shook me up.


There were also two fights that I passed. One was on the patio of Crabby Joe's, where two guys were verbally confronting each other, and the one guy, the taller of the two, was doing the puffed-out chicken breast chest thing that tough guys do.
The other one was just outside the Delta Armouries, where two skinny white prep guys were being mouthy to these two older men, one black and one white. I heard the words "stringbean" and "homo" being thrown around.

Then again, I am drunk and high right now. So maybe the words I heard were actually, "gentleman" and "polo"... ? Perhaps they were organizing a match amongst friends. Who I am to get stop them?


Man, all I can think about is all that blood on the sidewalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment